Pulsatile Tinnitus with High Pulse Rate and Low Blood Pressure

Discussion in 'Support' started by Shirlnga, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Shirlnga

Shirlnga Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I’m new to Tinnitus Talk but very glad to find it.

I have pulsatile tinnitus which comes and goes. It’s almost always present when I first wake in the morning but goes away after a couple of hours. It’s also present different times of the day and night. I don’t have a problem with high blood pressure, typically it runs low but my pulse rate runs higher than normal most of the time. I have PVC’s (Premature Ventricular Contractions) so being able to hear that my heart is not beating in normal rhythm is unnerving (putting it mildly) .

I’ve had about every heart test there is and my cardiologist says not to worry about it. He’s regarded as one of the best cardiologist in the State. My GP doesn’t seem overly concerned either. I’m a fairly active and upbeat person but all of this is dragging me down physically, mentally and emotionally. According to my research done online for at home solutions, there doesn’t seem to be a lot I can do.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. makeyourownluck
      Magical

makeyourownluck Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Shirlnga, great news that your heart is health and not causing your pulsatile tinnitus. However, there are many other thing that could be causing this.

Getting an MRI and MRV of the head and neck can rule out other causes.