Pulsatile Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Cecilia Astacio, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Cecilia Astacio
      Tolerant

Cecilia Astacio Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 3, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meningiroma a benign tumor
      Hello everyone! I have developed this on April 3, 2018 when the ringing occurred in my left ear. I went to the ENT and I do have some hearing loss on both ears. Her diagnosis was tinnitus.

Her response is like every ENT doctor would answer is "I'm sorry" it's tinnitus and there's nothing I can do for you. You have to live with it! Sad to say, she should have said to go to an audiologist who can help you with hearing aids that creates white background sound to retrain the brain to mask the sound one hears.

In my case, earlier before April 3, I was experiencing nausea in March. I thought it was too much Zumba exercises twice a week, praise dancing practices in church and working in a stressful elementary school office. Well, after that ENT visit, that same week I started getting nauseous every night while turning my head on the pillow. I then called back the ENT doctor and asked her if tinnitus causes this.

She then said it does not and to be followed up with my primary doctor because there's is something wrong. I also developed constant headaches too. When I went to my primary doctor, I explained the tinnitus and the nausea and the headaches. I was prescribed meds for the headaches and then I was referred to be seen with a neurologist.

I went immediately to NY Neurology Associates in New York City Manhattan and I was given many head exams. I was immediately scheduled for a MRI with/without contrast. The end results was Meningoma a benign tumor that grew on the auditory nerve that I believe triggered to tinnitus. It is very small but it did a lot to me. It caused imbalance, migraines and tinnitus. I was then sent to the top neurosurgeon and on June 26, 2018 I received gamma knife radiation. It was successful. Most sight effects would be facial and permanent hearing nerve loss. He was pleased to realize that I didn't get any nerve loss. It takes up to 3 months to destroy all the bad cells in that tumor. The bad news is that the gamma knife radiation can either get my tinnitus better or worst. I choose to believe that it will get better. God got me this far protecting me and I will continue to trust I will get better.

In the meantime, I did some research and found this gentlemen from London who is well known from his experience with tinnitus. You can find him on youtube and his name is Julian Cowan Hill. He specifically stated that all practitioners need to stop telling tinnitus sufferers that there's no hope! He said that tinnitus can be controlled by avoiding stress, salt, negativity, fear and anxiety. When these feelings set in, the body releases a chemical that triggers the brain as a threat. That's when the tinnitus gets worst. The adrenaline sky rockets. One would become more aware the sounds. Breathing and hands on massage therapy techniques helps calm down the central nervous system.

One must try to engage with enjoyable activities and avoid negative people or anything that is negative that will cause stress. I'm hoping in my case that as soon as this tumor dies it will alleviate the pressure off the nerve. Maybe this whooshing sound will stop. I have gone through so much with this tumor but thankful it will die very soon. I also take Arches Tinnitus supplements that contains high concentrated Ginkgo Biloba. A gentlemen in my church has been taking them and it help calm down the loud pitch of his tinnitus. It takes 100 days to be effective. Please check their website and google Arches natural products, inc.

www.tinnitusformula.com and please check Julia Cowan Hill on Youtube. He is very informative and you won't regret it.

2. Christen

Christen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you for posting this, this is a very interesting story and im glad to hear youre doing very well

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cecilia Astacio
      Tolerant

Cecilia Astacio Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 3, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meningiroma a benign tumor
      Thanks Christen. Yesterday September 24, 2018 I had another MRI with/without contrast to check the size of the tumor. The last MRI was done along with the gamma knife radiation on June 26, 2018. My follow up appointment is on October 16, 2018 with my neurosurgeon. I would like to correct what I said before concerning the tumor taking up to 3 months. My husband misunderstood the doctor. The tumor can take up to 3-6 months or longer depending on the bad cells of the tumor. I, so far, still have the tinnitus. However, I truly believe since the tumor is resting on the auditory nerve, the natural sounds from the outside of my ear canal can't reach my brain. In other words, my brain still is picking on the sound of my heart. Praying to God that once this tumor shrinks more and more, it will lift off the pressure of the nerve.