Pulsating Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by thub, Dec 19, 2016.

1. thub
      Balanced

thub Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Seven years ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Power tools,
      My name is Tom, I have had pulsating tinnitus now for over four years. My left ear is in the key of A sharp and my right ear is in the key of A. I have been working on music to mask my Tinnitus for some time now, learning how to read and write as I go.

The pulsation I hear is my heart beating, so I always know my heart rate. This also helps me keep a steady beat when playing guitar. I can tune my guitar by the sound in my head by biting down on the right side to increase the A note over the A sharp note in the left side of my head. By placing the tinnitus notes in the middle of chords, I mask out a little of the ringing in my head, as I listen to the recording at night. This helps me get to sleep now instead of the sound produced by a fan.

Fortunately for me, I have adapted to my tinnitus. It introduced me to music, so I can't get to upset. Everyone has a different type and degree of tinnitus. Music has helped me. I pray there is something that can help you. Does anyone else use music to help them sleep? Tom

• Like Like x 2
    2. James
      No Mood

James Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Pulsing 03/2013
      Hey @thub, great post. Your focus on music shows a concentration of the mind, in swing playing jazz guitar, just saying. And the ability to learn and adapt in the face of PT. Mine seems too intense, so I take some meds. Music helps me too. I always listen to a small (sleep timer) radio before I sleep. I just want to get there.