Question on Trigeminal Nerve Surgery Results

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rld1280, May 15, 2016.

1. rld1280

rld1280 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      From Trigeminal Neuralgia operation
      Hello... I am new to this site. I am suffering everyday since having an operation 5 months ago to correct a Trigeminal Nerve issue. Never had Tinnitus before and now Crickets 24/7 . Has anyone had the same think after TN surgery? Also I find the weather effects the frequency. Does anyone have this issue?

2. Nonna
      Moonlighting

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      guess
      I would purchase helichrysum essential oil, put some on the nerve and lay on a heating pad.

3. maz1

maz1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      who knows
      What type of surgery did you have, mvd? Where did you have it done?
      You believe that the operation has caused your tinnitus? Did your surgeon have realtime nerve monitoring during the operation? Did you have a pre and post op hearing test?

4. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi rld,

Is it safe to say you signed a "hold harmless" prior to the surgery? I asked in the event that you want to pursue a legal route for pain and suffering. Anyhow, perhaps a free consult with a lawyer may not be a bad idea!

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      rld1280

rld1280 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hello maz,
      I had MVD surgery now 10 months ago. The operation was at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, Mi. The operation definitely was caused by the operation! I never had it before. Since I wrote this forum five months ago my the sound pitch has increased. No more Crickets. It has turned into a high pitch not as high as a smoke alarm! But close and getting harder to function everyday. Can't stand it!!!!!!!!!
      The surgeon to my knowledge did not monitor real time nerves? No test after the MVD operation. At least I can sleep for the most three hours a night. At first luckily I could get one hour a night for 3 months. What I have been told by many doctors they can do nothing to cure this Tinnitus.
      I am an artist and painted this picture to capture my Tinnitus. IMG_4205.JPG

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      rld1280

rld1280 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi Mike,
      Not sure if I signed a hold and harmless. But knowing Henry Ford Hospital they sure cover there butts'.
      I have checked with a lawyer and in Michigan it is very hard to prove this Tinnitus in a court of law. Very had to prove and many Lawyers will not take on this Tinnitus cases. Plus a statue of limitations of 3 months to come forward

7. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      Henry Ford !
      Maybe it was the Ford Model T of surgeries...

8. slipware
      Bookworm

slipware Member

Tinnitus Since:
      @rid1280. Fab picture, it does resemble the picture form of the T. Sorry you've had to join this forum, all we can do is keep positive. However our personal tinnitus was caused, it all boils down to acceptance.