Question Regarding Meniere's Disease and Eyelid Twitching

Discussion in 'Support' started by Gin, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Gin
      Alienated

Gin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      So I was recently diagnosed with Meniere's disease. It has been a long journey getting to this diagnosis, almost a year of tests, etc. Anyway, I don't have vertigo really bad. My doctor says I am half way in the early stages of it. I have more of a off balance feeling. The T has subsided almost completely in the last 3 weeks. For which, I am VERY grateful. I went for 83 days my last attack. It was awful. My doctor says it goes in and out of remission. Which I noticed in the last year. He has me on Meclazine and Valium. Which has helped. In the last couple of weeks, I have noticed my right eyelid twitching. Not my eye itself, rather, the eyelid. Actually that eyelid has twitched off and on for about 6 months now. But the other day my left lower eyelid started twitching. It's driving me batty. I'm not sure if it is the stress or lack of sleep or what. I called my doctor and he had his nurse call me back and said it was normal with people with Meniere's to have nystagmus. However, my eyes themselves are not moving. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Gin,
      I use to get it a lot in early days but not as much now .....lots of love glynis

3. hartje5
      Wishful

hartje5 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4 december 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Verapamil, Flecainide, Apixaban, stress
      I have. Before I got bad I had nystagmus for weeks on end. Always thought it was due to stress, though I did not feel stressed at that time.

4. Sen
      Caffeine

Sen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dunno
      About 8 or 9 months ago my top right eyelid started twitching. Over the past 2 months the bottom eyelid has joined in, as well as both my bottom and top left eyelid and left eyebrow. My family doctor says this is due to anxiety. He also says this about all of my symptoms.

I have not received any diagnosis other than hyperacusis and tinnitus, but I experience dizziness, facial "numbness", headaches and have experienced explosive fullness in my right ear in the past.