Questions About Passing of Time and Hearing Loss & Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by kevin b, Feb 20, 2014.

1. kevin b
      Fine

kevin b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      Number 0ne. Can time really be one the best things? Just hanging on and trying to live as normal as life as possible does that mean I can hopefully see some improvement.

Number 2 . I have good hearing but the ENT said I have some loss hearing high frequency. Does that mean my T has no chance of ever going away or at least improving?

2. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      I think yes, time is the only healer:( Also good diet, rest, little alcohol, no smoking, exercise and other principles of healthy living. Habituation is unfortunately the only good therapy we have right now.
      About the high frequency hearing loss: I have no idea about that and I dont think doctors do as well. I have to tell you that I have normal hearing according to my audiogram but I have had it for 3 months and no signs of leaving. Therefore I dont think having hearing loss is always an indicator in improving or it going away. Take care of your hearing as much as you can though - otherwise the loss might start disturbing you at some point. Did your ENT suggest aids?

3. Bobo

Bobo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      I think time is all we have. I've had mine for a year and it's maybe improved a little. The audiologist said that I had high frequency loss in my right ear but said that it wasn't bad enough for hearing aids. Unfortunately, there is no clear answer. In the mirror, we all look normal.

Greg

4. sgal

sgal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2005
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? probably hearing loss.
      I don't think tinnitus is always connected to high frequency hearing loss. My Dad has horrible hearing loss and I do mean horrible. However, he has no tinnitus at all. Go figure.

5. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      I'm suspicious of this to I know many people with high frequency hearing loss and no tinnitus. I'm willing to bet if you tested most college kids they would have some hf hearing loss but no t.

6. Denny

Denny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2013
      Many times ENT's will say this is the reason for tinnitus when they are not sure.
      Neurologist say tinnitus is a neurological problem. Many people completely deaf
      have no tinnitus.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Greg, I respect your right to offer an opinion, but could not disagree more.

Stephen Nagler

8. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      because?

9. Lisa88

Lisa88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      As I understand it, we all have high frequency hearing loss as we get older.
      A friend of mine with noise induced t and high frequency hearing loss went from a 10 to a 1 in 6 months. He attributes it to lots of sleep, healthy living, exercise and ignoring t whenever possible. I think his t is on its way out. I know we are all different. But I know a few t stories of hope such as this one.

10. ajay

ajay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 yrs
      May be this is due to deficiency of:
      1. Vit B12
      2. Vit D
      3. Serum Iron
      Carry our appropriate tests to evaluate the above. in my case all these parameters were low, particularly Iron was low, i started taking iron suppliments advised by the doctor, i am feeling much better now. if it works for u please share with as many sufferers as possible and to me also.
      also check if u have any allergy, and treat it.

Best Wishes. :) Ajay

11. JTP
      No Mood

JTP Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shit happens
      For most there is no TRT or any other acronyms available. Time is for everyone.

12. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Are you on this board only to share your misery - or are you here to maybe pick up a pointer or two that might help in some way or other? I suspect the latter. So every tinnitus sufferer has time plus the ability to develop strategies to use that time effectively. Perhaps google "Letter to a Tinnitus Sufferer" - and start there.

Stephen Nagler

13. Lisa88

Lisa88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Just wanted to add to my comment above that I was lucky enough to speak to one of the leading doctors and tinnitus researchers in the field, and he told me that 80% of t patients due to sudden onset have their t substantially reduce in the first year.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1