Questions About Pulsatile Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Afleece, May 23, 2017.

1. Afleece

Afleece Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi all,

I am 28 years old, mom of three, I am obese and my right ear started whooshing out of the blue and its feels like there is icy hot in my ears.

I am currently in the process of figuring out whats going on with my ear. So a few questions those that suffer from pulsatile tinnitus, does it go on all day?

I only notice it when i turn my head certain ways and stand up quickly.

Do ear plugs make it go away? Because it does for me?

And I have had it for two months now, what are the chances of it being a dissection and possible blood clot?

I am having extreme anxiety over this, I am terrified I am going to have a stroke any minute. Just looking for reassurance as I go through the long process of getting testing. Doctors don't seem to be worried since they are doing a CT scan of the temporal bone first. Any insight would be great.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @Afleece,
      It could be down to high BP or your hearing being down a little and picking the sound up from your carotid artery.
      Love glynis

3. Tommi_boi
      Thinking

Tommi_boi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/04/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Generally they are not serious health problems, but it could be anything fro.

- A change in the flow of blood in your arteries
      - Your hearing becoming tuned into blood pumping
      - Blood Pressure
      - Ear infections and so forth.

Just like you I started having this about two and a half weeks ago.

Also, just like you, i can plug in an earplug and I can't hear it anymore .

Does this only happen to you when you are lying down?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Afleece

Afleece Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Not usually only if I am on my belly reading a book. But i really notice it when standing up and bending over.

5. Tommi_boi
      Thinking

Tommi_boi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/04/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I get it when Im either lying down or on my belly, usually standing up I don't really hear it at all.

I think things like anxiety and stress can also elevate it , so the key is to just forget about it (easier said than done I know) but it should start to improve after a week or two.. mine has ; although it hasn't completely gone, it's better than it was.

I highly doubt you are going to have a stroke by the way, by for your own piece of mind, Perhaps go see a doctor about it.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Afleece

Afleece Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I think you are right, i am on a new supplement that has gotten my anxiety under control. And the whooshing is still there but seems to be getting better.

7. Tommi_boi
      Thinking

Tommi_boi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/04/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Glad to hear it!

8. layzell

layzell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      inner ear infection
      Very interested in your discussion. I get a noise in one ear when I have "nerves," probably anxiety. Loud passages in speech trigger it off. It sounds as if someone has dropped a pile of books, making a rrruuummp sort of noise. I can feel it too. I hate it.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Afleece

Afleece Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I currently back at another ent. Whoosh is still there and still causing anxiety. CT scan came back clear. Foc said there is nothing they can do. So i am going to another one. He seems to be the same way. I am feeling so frustrated. Feel like I am just going to die any minute. This whooshing is controlling my life. Sorry I feel like this is the only place people will understand.

10. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @Afleece,

I have a constant pulsating sound, too, along with a constant hissing noise. Both noises are in my right ear. I've had a lot of tests, etc., but so far, nothing has been found. However, in the time I've had the whooshing, it has become more bearable. I've found that if I exercise, eat right, and keep my blood pressure under control, the whooshing is easier to live with.

Don't give up; keep trying to find some answers. And please know that, if you never find any, it is possible to live with this condition.

Take care, and keep us posted on how you're doing.

Best wishes,
      Karen