Questions for Those Who Got Tinnitus from an SSRI (Lexapro, Zoloft, Luvox, Prozac, Paxil, etc.)?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      What was the SSRI, what was the dosage, and how long did you take it for before you developed tinnitus?

When you took the SSRI, did you take it with any supplement? If so, what?

When you withdrew from the drug did your tinnitus increase, decrease, or stay the same?

Also, after you took the drug and developed tinnitus did you ever take Remeron? If so, what happened?

In addition, did you ever take Abilify after tinnitus? If so, what happened?

Finally, has anything lowered your tinnitus since then? If so, what was it?

In no way am I suggesting you try these drugs or not try these drugs. That is inconsequential to my question. I only want to know that IF you did, what happened?

Thanks for any help you can give. I am kind of researching this.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      One other question I just thought about. Have you taken Trazadone since your tinnitus and if so what happened?

3. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Think Remeron caused my muscles to twitch including ear muscles.

4. SergioN

SergioN Member

Tinnitus Since:
      25/07/2005
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma + ototoxicity
      Paroxetine, 5 days on 10mg , then tinnitus aggravated a lot, then I tappered off during 7 more days due to fear of aggravating tinnitus with withdrawal......and tinnitus continued getting worse that week and weeks after. So Paroxetine destroyed me. I'm currently stuck in 0.5 Clonazepam at nights which I'm not sure if it is worsening the situation. At the begining Clonazepam lowered the tinnitus but at this moment....i dont know. I have to start the withdrawal of it but I totally scared about what will happen (11 weeks on it more or less)

5. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      When you are withdrawing from medication, you are taking away something that your brain and body has become really used to. When you are no longer getting what your brain has been used to, it will start to panic and enter a fight or flight mode and be really active, which can cause your tinnitus to spike. When you are taking medication for a period of time, it messes with your body's natural chemistry. When you quit the medication your body is trying to readjust itself back to its normal state.

Once you settle down and the withdrawal stops, the spikes will go away. Been there so I know how it's like.