Quiet Room/Environment

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nati, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Nati
      Alienated

Nati Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      who knows...
      I've noticed that when I'm in a really quiet environment my tinnitus goes down to a soft hiss.. I've realized it after buying the Bose noise cancelling headphones.
      But the second I take the headphones off or going out my normal eeeeee comes back..

Is that normal? Is that reactive tinnitus?
      Does it mean anything?
      My tinnitus is weird, some sounds are pretty constant but I get those bursts all the time, sometimes really high pitch and sometimes it's a low drone..

I suffer from tmj and etd, but I'm not sure if those are the reason for my tinnitus or just a result of being stressed out from tinnitus for almost a year.
      I think mine started from noise trauma or viral infection or chewing gum for many month like crazy or all of the above lol..
      Im sure stress and anxiety didnt help.

I try to stay positive as much as I can but not knowing anything and doctors being useless makes it a very lonesome jurney.

2. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
      Does your sound change after listening to a loud masking noise for a few minutes? If so, that is called residual inhibition :)

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nati
      Alienated

Nati Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      who knows...
      Funny enough I usually don't play anything on those headphones.. but yeah if I play my tinnitus pitch it does stop my tinnitus for a while.. hearing it creeping back in makes me laugh sometimes, but it also scares me that I'm over stimulating my problematic nerves.
      Don't know it's safe to do. (low levels of course)