Quite New to Tinnitus and I'm Over It :|

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Azrul, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Azrul

Azrul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/8/14
      Hi everyone,

I'm 20 and my T occurred due to my own doing, by jamming with my band in a very small room and playing rock songs at very very very loud volume. Notice I emphasize "very" a lot. And yes, I didn't wear earplugs because I didn't even know the consequences of it. After the 2 hours continuous session which was last 2 weeks ago, the T started exactly when the session ended.

For the first 2 days I didn't really worry about it, thinking it would go away by itself. On the 3rd day, I panicked after googled about this tinnitus stuff. My T sounds like a high frequency whistle/cicada and its quite loud for me and its constant 24/7 and I can hear it over my TV and also while driving my car.

After a week and a half of depressing, suicidal, stressful thoughts knowing its permanent ( I went to the ENT after 5 days and he said my inner ear is damaged and its permanent ), I had an epiphany. I said to myself "How bout I don't give a fuck about it and just accept it", and so I did.

The last couple of days after that realization, it was back to normal for me. Its still there, but I don't even realize its there UNLESS i think or focus bout it. Heck, I didn't even notice it when im studying in the library right until i was thinking " is the T gone ?" and i hear it back. So its still there, same volume, same noise but I just dont give a fuck about it.

That's my story and doing great, what's not great is that I have to spend my money on custom-fit musician earplugs, they are expensive :\.

PS: When i enter this website, I suddenly realize my T again. Maybe its my subconscious saying to not ever think about T. So my advice, don't think about it and just move on and rock on.

• Winner Winner x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Got my T same way you did... Difference was i was only jammin for 45 mins.. And left with a loud ringing.. The left one went away within an hour and the right one blasted away for 48 hours until it went away... But i say "went Away" cause now i just have a real faint hiss/tv hum stattic noise that i usually have to plug my ears to hear and some morsecode that it left me with but i havent played an acoustic set since that happened last november... I got an elec one instead to control the volume. The problem is i know too many people that love to "jam" and it sucks cause its fun but i guess id be okay with ear pluggs and muffs not soo loud. I could only imagine what my T would be like if i played for 2 hours that day.... Cause the 45 minutes hurt my ears so baddd and made me almost deaf. 130db is loudddd!!!!!! Just be carefull!!!!! Glad your doin good though!

3. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Pretty much what I did mate. Cried for two weeks and then said fucked it. It's not going anywhere, and neither am I right now. So I'd best get used to it. Since that day I've been OK with it. Yeah it's loud and very anoying at times. But fuckin it.

• Agree Agree x 1