Randomly Woke Up with Hyperacusis in May, Now There Are Over 10 Noises

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Danielle C, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Danielle C

Danielle C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 15, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello

The day after Mothers Day this year, I woke up with my right ear really sensitive. Everything hurt it- running water, talking, the sound of my sheets moving on the bed, etc. The next day, I woke up with an extremely loud, low frequency sound in my right ear. It sounds just like an idling engine in my ear, complete with a rumbling/vibrating sensation. Things just go worse from there.

Including that noise, I now here all of these noises:
      3 different low/mid frequency noises:
      - low frequency, idling engine that make my ear feel like its vibrating in my right ear
      - low frequency, rumbling noise in left ear
      - reactive, mid frequency noise in left ear that I only hear when I actually hear low frequencies ( like when the dryer is on, heat is on, I'm in the car, or when music is on)

4 different beeping noises in my ears:
      - morse code and electronic beeping in left ear
      - beeping and crickets in right ear

1 high frequency hissing kind of noise that just generally feels to me like its coming from my whole head

2 high pitch noises
      - 1 in my left ear
      - 1 in my right ear,

1 crunching, crumbling up paper sound in my right ear that I only hear when I actually hear loud noises, and its only for a split second.

I don't drink, I don't listen to loud music (I've always been careful, even with head phones), I don't go to clubs or concerts, I don't shoot guns. I just woke up with it and it keeps getting worse. I've been to ENTs, audiologists, etc. and they have no idea whats going on. It's constantly getting worse, so its impossible to get used to because as soon as I do, a new one develops.

2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      What does your audiogram look like?
      What are the results of the Rinne/Weber tests?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Danielle C

Danielle C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 15, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My audiogram is normal, all the doctors said my hearing was great. I'm 26, and they said it looks fine for my age.

And Ive never even heard of of the Rinne/Weber tests. I just googled it, and I don't think of of the doctors did that? I've been to 2 ENTS and 2 audiologists.

4. GregCA
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Do you feel comfortable posting it online? (you can anonymize any fields that could show your name, etc)

Those tests would be done by the ENT docs, rather than the audiologists.
      I am trying to establish whether you have any type of conductive losses.

Have you done any imaging? CT Scan, MRI...?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Danielle C

Danielle C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 15, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown

I can post it online. I'll look for it , and then scan it an post it tonight. And not yet, I'm actually going to call and schedule an MRI tomorrow morning, so I should have one done next week. I was supposed to do it a few weeks ago, but I had to go out of town for a week. And the day before the hyperacusis started, I had an MRI on my wrist, so I've also been a little scared that the tinnitus is going to get much worse if I had another one, even though the ENTs said they're positive it wasn't caused by the MRI.

6. GregCA
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Cool. One thing you could find helpful is the diagnosis flowchart (maybe work your way through it with your doctors).