Rapid Tinnitus Changing (Tone, Volume)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Strife_84, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Strife_84
      Energetic

Strife_84 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mixing music for long and too loud.
      Is this a good sign?

I feel almost like a radio now trying to find a station. Today my tinnitus has been very active. Of course I've done some cleaning today, cooked food and listened music on very low volume from TV while cleaning.

Sometimes I feel almost normal, then it comes back loud, then it hisses, I feel normal again, it comes back, high pitch gets louder, softer, hissing starts, ends... you get the deal.

Is this a good sign?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Deamon22

Deamon22 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Trauma
      Mine was very similar in the beginning, changing all the time, from total silence to moderate. Nowadays my tinnitus is a lot more stable. While I still have fluctuations they are more spaced out over weeks and not over a few hours. I would try to not read to much into these short-time fluctuations.

3. Stu1983
      Studious

Stu1983 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Around 2008/spiked 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2008 sound/2018 Meds made the volume several times worse
      Thanks for making me laugh. I'm not on here much anymore, just checking messages and sometimes for info. @Strife_84 mine is constantly changing throughout the day, and your post describes it well.

4. Zigs

Zigs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I think is is similar to what I’ve had this week? My one high pitched tone suddenly seems to go up and down non stop. How are you now?