Reactive Tinnitus Is Real

Discussion in 'Support' started by Street Spirit, Nov 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    1. NiNyu

NiNyu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma? stress?
      @linearb that's not the same thing. Besides, when you swallow usually the eardrums move and you can perceive a clicking sound caused by the movement of the ossicles.

2. Misery
      Happy

Misery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 26, 2013
      I haven't read through all the posts, but I believe I have T also I get "reactive T" when I am exposed to loud or constant sound. For example, I spent all of Sunday at Disneyland and when I got home I had a constant "tape hiss" type sound. It's subsiding now, but if I go to any sort of place with either loud sounds for continual sounds I always have the same results afterwards for a while.

3. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2008 but cured and relapsed from benzos
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl/benzos/unknown
      Reactive T is real yes.
      I have it.

For example if i have 0/10 and have a medium - silent conversation for 1 hour goes to 4/10
      If i travel 30 mins with car then my T goes to 7/10.
      If i walk to road (noise from cars) my T goes to 9/10.
      If i hear music 30 mins at 80db (which is not loud) my T goes to 10/10 .
      after that only sleep > 8 hours can reset T.
      Also my T reacts slightly in keyboard keys sound in mouse click sounds.

This is the most distressing component of my T because it holds me in sound proof house.

If i get benzos / acetylcysteine / retigabine my T has very low reactivity.

4. NiNyu

NiNyu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma? stress?
      @1MW , I disagree. 80db is loud!

5. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Your biggest problem seems to be anxiety, you have already convinced yourself that you are pretty much screwed. Every post reinforces the negative, helps to convince you that there is no hope and grows your anxiety level further.

I've been through the mill with various related things, as have a load of people on here; when you come out at the other end you realise that the panic and anxiety were the worst enemy of all. I can get it pretty bad myself, it's a runaway train if you let it take hold and by far the most damaging thing to your recovery. Ultimately, whatever happens, we are adaptable creatures and we learn to live with restrictions.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    6. noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      West End show. Came back 2015 vitamin D overdose prescribed
      Well I wanted to learn about how to recover from reactive T.
      What a disappointment to see such a diatribe from a so called doctor, so called fellow sufferer.
      Comparing spicy food with sound, incredible. Saying not finding money for TRT means T is not that bad. Like us non overpaid non doctors have money tress. No money means no money.
      We all know doctors are on a tidy sum.
      But the worst us the total lack of compassion and feeling. Just like most doctors, audiologists we meet in the tinnitus hell.
      Why can't we have a kind, helpful doctor who give free advice with compassion.

• Agree Agree x 1