Really Bad Spike. Need Some Input.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Believin' Steven, May 24, 2017.

1. Believin' Steven
      Cowboy

Believin' Steven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Prolonged use of in ear headphones during sleep
      Right now my T is going off the charts. I have two high frequency sounds, 1 in each ear, and another that seems to come and go that I have had before and after some relaxation methods it went away.

I want to contribute it to a nasal spray (Avamys) that my ENT prescribed me for my sinuses. I'm also extremely prone to anxiety and I have a condition that lets me know when it's getting out of control (Benign Fasiculation Syndrome).

Basically all my muscles will twitch and quiver, including tongue, eyelids and asscheeks. I say this to preface questions.

Has anyone experienced a spike after using corticosteroidal nasal sprays?

And should I seek Xanax from my gp as I have an appointment today?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I would ask about Nortriptyline it can help anxiety and sleep and tinnitus also at a higher theraputic dose for depression.
      Love glynis

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      So am I. I saw many people on this forum mention it too. Does this make us more predisposed to T?!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Believin' Steven
      Cowboy

Believin' Steven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's a possibility I guess. It sure as hell doesn't help. I think our anxiety brains are addicted to the sound, so to speak. It hears it, puts a stranglehold onto it and struggles to let it go. I'm hoping Xanax or Atavin will allow my brain to let go of the anxiety and fear that it induces as a result of the sound. I know it's hardly a long term solution but maybe it will help my brain get used to it. I'm quite sick of the constant panic attacks to the point where I throw up. Pun intended.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Believin' Steven
      Cowboy

Believin' Steven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I want to but I'm scared of the long term effects. I had my hearing tested and the main frequencies are fine. So I fear that prolonged exposure to ototoxic drugs will make my t worse. Have you noticed any changes in yours? Good or bad.

6. Nikopol

Nikopol Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (sinuses, stress or cervical...doc opinions differ)
      Couple months back I read one research that said that their control group of T patients whose T was not introduced thanks to hearing loss / damage of inner ear hair cells via loud sound reported cases of anxiety and / or depression in nearly 80 percent of cases. Doubt that can be a coincidence. And even if you didnt have it prior to T you are next to certain to get it after it, whatever the causes.

7. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Ativan has helped me in the early days. It also helped me to fall asleep.

• Helpful Helpful x 1