Really Struggling

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nick miles, Jan 16, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Nick miles

Nick miles Member

Tinnitus Since:

I've had tinnitus in my left ear most of my life, is now in my right ear, its been there for about a year, around Christmas I lost about half my hearing in my right ear, it came back over about three days, with a horrendous high pitched ring in it, I went to doctors the other week and she said my eardrum was a little pink and she could see some condensation from where fluid was evaporating behind my eardrum, she gave me a course of antibiotics.

The ringing was much quieter before I went in.

It's been about five days now with an even louder ring and this morning I also noticed extra ringing in my left ear, my ears constantly pop when I swallow, really loudly, as if the tube is slamming shut, at times I can feel it.

Can anyone give me some advice to get through this, also I'm hearing an echo or sound distortion on certain sounds.
    2. glynis-harbron

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

England, Stoke-on-Trent
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @Nick miles
      It sounds like a problem with your Eustachian tubes clearing out the mucus.
      Try steam inhalation over a bowl of hot water to clear your tubes out....lots of love glynis
      • Agree Agree x 1