Really Worried and Anxious and Need Help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Cillian, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Cillian

Cillian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus infection
      Hi everyone need a few answers I have t a few weeks and I've stopped my social life completely and a lot of my friends are very active and I'm thinking of going back out there but if I play sports and things like that could it make T worse

And can head movement make t worse got it from a sinus infection? Thanks in advance

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to TT @Cillian. You are never alone here as we have been where you are. What caused your T? Perhaps you can describe your T in more detail. The first thing you need to do is to see a doctor/ent to rule out anything wrong with your ears, the sinus infection, the eustachian tube etc. If these are taken care of, then perhaps the T will not be as bad. Not sure about head movement, unless your T is somatic in nature due to neck muscle problem or TMJ. Your T being so new it may get better. Don't lose hope that you can regain your social life. But be prepared for some tough time initially. Read up the success stories to give you some insights and hope about your future. Also here is an excellent thread for new T sufferers from TT. It has step-by-step tips for you and it also links to ATA & BTA for you to learn more about T. The more you are educated about T, the less you fear it and less it will be intrusive.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/panic/

• Agree Agree x 1