Response Changing Group

Discussion in 'Support' started by valeri, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Mick how do you use affirmations?
      Bit more details please:)

3. SickoMicko
      Arsewit

SickoMicko Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/02/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection or the medication to cure it.
      Valerie, if you go to the thread "Back to Silence" which was started by IWLM, then exploded from his initial post, you will find very indepth explanations of the affirmation technique. Both IWLM and someone named Silvine give very good explanations of how it all works. IWLM's approach is different from Silvine's but both point you in the right direction. I have started out using Silvine's, and will expand on that in time. If you are still confused get back with me and I will try and help. Mick

• Like Like x 1
    4. SickoMicko
      Arsewit

SickoMicko Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/02/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Valeri, I don't know if you looked at the post I suggested, but if you haven't this is what I use.
      My tinnitus is_________
      Fading
      Harmless
      Disappearing
      Cured
      I use those in no particular sequence.
      I'm feeling_________
      Stronger
      Happier
      Better
      Good
      That's about it. I do them twice a day while soaking in a hot tub of water and holding a round mirror that has one side with magnification. I use the magnified side so I can really see my eyes up close and really open up my unconscious mind(sounds crazy I know but I believe it's gonna work). Look, I am going thru what everyone else on this site is going thru, maybe even to a greater extent because of the severity of my condition. I, like you and many others are hoping to get some positive results from this. I assume it will take time, and because of the possibly small and slow pase of the improvements it may seem ineffective and pointless to some, but what else do we have at this point that legitimately promises anything. What I like about the approach is it doesn't cost anything, you have control over your own situation, and there have been some very positive results. I don't think it makes any difference what verbiage you use as long as you keep it positive (remember Silvine says the unconscious mind does not operate on negatives, and the conscience mind turns positive into negative if your affirmations aren't worded properly). I wish everyone trying this technique much success, including me. Mick

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      @SickoMicko

Thank you Mick!
      So saying: (IWLM technique)
      I can hear my t and I'm pissed, or stressed or anxious is actually counterproductive???

6. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Thanks, @Markku and @Leah. I am going to give it a try. For some reason, I seem to be in a bit of a slump lately. My T has ramped back up and my limbic system is kicking in. Sigh. I know there are good days and bad days, but still...

• Hug Hug x 2
    7. SickoMicko
      Arsewit

SickoMicko Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/02/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Valeri, I think those affirmations might convey the kind of response your unconscious mind might not accept. You know both IWLM and Silvine are much much more schooled in this technique. I want you to really have a clear picture, consequently I would try and touch base with Silvine, he can give you a more definitive answer. Just ask if you are on the right track or not, because you don't want to waste time and energy heading on the wrong direction. I hope you are able to get a response from him. I love his responses and learn a little more about our condition with every read. Good luck. Mick