Restless Legs Syndrome

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Lisa Robinson, Dec 17, 2014.

1. conbsgc

conbsgc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      october
      Restless leg syndrome is as common as dirt and its pretty much harmless, other than just being a nuisance when you feel it, just stand up and walk around you'll be fine.

I had it my whole life and it occurs mostly when I sit down and don't move for a while, I feel these urgency to stand up and walk because my muscles just go nuts.... however its pretty harmless

most of the symptoms you describe though sound like anxiety... maybe you're a bit too worried about your health?

2. Jesse Pinkman
      Badass

Jesse Pinkman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      @Lisa Robinson
      Found a neurological condition that can cause both tinnitus and restless leg syndrome. Have you had an MRI? This can be diagnosed by taking one. Youre also young and in the typical age group for this when syptoms arrive. Thought you might be interessted in this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold–Chiari_malformation

And everyone else who has both restless leg syndrome and tinnitus should check this out too. It can be treated, and there is also an operation wich might lead to reduction of symptoms. Go to your doctor or neurologist. Say you suspect you might have this and get an MRI

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lisa Robinson
      Depressed

Lisa Robinson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      I am waiting to see if its anxiety so on meds if not i want to be refered for a mri. I had a mri on my head before for my ears. Would anything show up on that?

4. Jesse Pinkman
      Badass

Jesse Pinkman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      Im not sure. But its often difficult to see unless youre looking for it. Thats probably not what they were looking for when you had your MRI. So id bring it up and tell them to look for it

5. LiveIGuess
      Moonlighting

LiveIGuess Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've had it for about a year now, but it's luckily not that bad. For me, walking around and stretching out from time to time works. Also listening to music so that I distract myself from it helps a lot. Might help when you're struggling to sleep.

6. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I've had that when on trobalt, super annoying! It was like crawling on my legs.