Retention Cyst of the Left Maxillary

Discussion in 'Support' started by donico, Nov 18, 2015.

1. donico
      Creative

donico Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello, have just received the results of my MRI with the following readings

THERE IS A LARGE RETENTION CYST OF THE LEFT MAXILLARY SINUS WITH A SMALLER ONE IN THE FRONTAL SINUS.

Is it possible my T(suffering a 2/10 since two weeks ago) is a symptom of the above?

2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I had the same incidental finding on a head C/T; as far as I know, these cysts are very, very common, and almost never cause symptoms/problems/etc. This study (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17277631) followed 40 patients for 12 years, and found that >50% of the time, the cysts got smaller or went away over time. They are not correlated to any known cancer risks... so, the risk of trying to deal with it surgically, is probably likely to be greater than the risk of doing nothing about it.

It doesn't seem very likely to be related to your T. If all your T is on the left and you also have a lot of problems with that eustachian tube being inflamed, pus/blood in your snot, chronic sinus infections... then maybe?

3. Rodrigo475

Rodrigo475 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Hello. I have the same in my MR scan. In 2013 my ENT asked for a scan and once he saw the results, the accumulation appeared. and according to him, chances were 25% of this cyst causing Tinnitus. It was treated with antibiotics but as in the picture, it is still there today, as can be seen from this MR attached from last week due to other problem.
      If i get rid of it ill post the results here, and its relation with the tinnitus perception.
      20161114_193947.jpg

because my audio tests are perfect, but almost everyone knows today a good hearing test may be hiding cell death not so large to be noticed in a hearing test).