Retracted Eardrum

Discussion in 'Support' started by slipware, Feb 28, 2017.

1. slipware
      Bookworm

slipware Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Anybody been diagnosed with retracted eardrum? I have steroid drops, and hope they help. Tinnitus off the scale, but the full feeling and dysfunctional Eustachian tube are much worse than noise.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      As your tubes clear your eardrum that is being sucked inwards will return to normal and your tinnitus should settle.
      Try sucking a sweet or menthol sweet and will help your tubes to open.
      Preasure in your ears is uncomfortable and can cause pain so over the counter pain relief will help or a warm towel against your ear...lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      slipware
      Bookworm

slipware Member

Tinnitus Since:
      @glynis You're always the one to reply to us people in distress. Thank you. Sadly my ear is not that easily put right as I had the TIA. That could be why none of the normal remedies help but at least I now know I'm not imagining the horrid 'feeling' in my ear. Sometimes I doubt my own knowledge. I just wondered if it was the cause of a number of people's tinnitus probs.

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      TIA fast heart rate can ramp up tinnitus for some people.
      My brother inlaw was on lots of medication and had ops done to slow down his heart rate and now has a pacemaker as the meds did not work for him or the other treatment.
      He has not got tinnitus though.
      .lots of love glynis