Right Ear Tinnitus Following Lower Dental Implants?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Singularitarian, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Singularitarian
      Insomnious

Singularitarian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Hello everyone,

Despite my "youngish age", late twenties, I'm an edentulous (toothless) male. Long story short: Regrettably, I had an eating disorder I recovered from and had to pay the price of losing my teeth because of it. In order to secure the lower denture, I opted for two dental implants in my lower jaw on Monday, December 21, 2014. Approximately a week following the jarring procedure, which I underwent without sedation, I noticed an almost imperceptible electrical sound being detected by my right ear. Another week after the first week, I started to experience a "buzzing sound" (it's more of an indescribable vibrating sound, unlike the ringing sounds I have heard from the emulated tinnitus recordings online) almost nonstop, excluding when I hear the furnace, physically close my right ear (the one affected), swallow, or cough, which all muffles the sound. It's tolerable when I'm standing up; slightly less tolerable when I'm sitting down (it comes more in pulses); and absolutely intolerable when I'm laying down in bed. Whenever I'm laying down it bed it becomes omnipresent, all encompassing, even when I push my right ear firmly into my pillow, I can still hear (feel?) the vibrations of it.

Does this sound like tinnitus to any of the other forum members here? I'm trying to determine whether or not the drilling of my bone caused tinnitus, resulting in internal damage of my right ear (I'm not sure why it's only my right ear affected!), or if the implant itself is generating the sound because it's improperly placed. I've had very brief bouts of tinnitus that have lasted between 1-10 seconds, but never have I had a sensation like this before. I'm very sorry for all of you who have had to endure this sound, I never imagined people had ongoing tinnitus that never ceases. I've read up on it and it's a nightmare to fathom. This will definitely be a charitable cause for me to donate to in the future, provided I am able to function somewhat normally in the future. I've been an idiot for most of my life; I brought the eating disorder on myself, I was incredibly naive and stupid, and now I'm paying the price for my stupidity all over again.

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer suggestions, support, anything. I appreciate any and all feedback!

Singularitarian

P.S. I apologize if this isn't in the right forum. Moderators, please feel free to relocate it if it isn't! Thank you.

Edit: I was also prescribed 2 weeks of antibiotics. I'll be able to get the name of them sometime on Monday.