Ringing and Clicking Sounds in My Right Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by Joe Bronx, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Joe Bronx

Joe Bronx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music and possibley other related factors
      I've had tinnitus in my right ear for about twenty years now. Some days, I barely hear it and have to cover my ears to listen for it. Other days it is very noticeable. I seem to be sensitive to sound as a loud sound could cause it to flare up for a couple of days.

However, I also have a clicking sound in my right ear and my inner ear or Eustachian tube moves with the clicking. When this happens, the tinnitus is worse. I'm going to see an ENT in a few weeks about this. I was wondering if there are any thoughts out there as to whether or not the two can be connected. Maybe alleviating pressure inside my right ear could alleviate the ringing.

In addition, I find that when I'm driving, I need to have windows open on both sides of the car open or else I feel a discomfort in my right ear. And when someone closes the passenger door while I'm in the drivers' seat, I need to cover my right ear or I will feel pain.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

2. Megatron

Megatron Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2005
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise, Stress
      Hi,
      Did you find an answer to the clicking?

3. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      I kind of have a similar thing.
      My right ear is worse, gets the clicking, and car doors hurt. I always cover my ears, the right one is exposed to the direct sound wave... I’d love to get some imaging done or consult with a doctor who understands these symptoms you describe.