Ringing for a Week

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Venator117, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Venator117

Venator117 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/28
      So one day I was about to sleep and then I heard a sharp ring in my right ear. My stomach did not feel very well prior to it, I was also watching some videos on an iPad at full volume without ear phones. It reaches 85dbs. The next morning I was nervous, and it's been ringing for a week now. Also every morning I wake up nauseous and I vomit if I eat too much food, i don't have an vertigo either. However, when I flushed some earwax out I felt a lot better, I'm beginning to think its an Ear infection but I have no real ear pain. But I'm not sure. I also noticed that if I put my fingers in my ears and pulled down a bit the ringing would stop. I'm 14 years old. Is it temporary?

2. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      You should see an ENT as soon as you can. I don't think an iPad is going to damage your hearing so ear wax may be the culprit. Although I will warn that same people have gotten t from having their ears suctioned so if they need to clean your ears maybe they can do it manually. Hopefully others will chime in here @Markku
      Also if you do indeed have an infection be wary of the antibiotic they give you, make sure it's not ototoxic . I believe amoxicillin is a good safe antibiotic.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Venator117

Venator117 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/28
      I just went to a doctor, they said it was Eustachian tube Dysfunction (ETD). She prescribed be some decongestants and some steroids. They help a lot. I've also got an appointment with an ENT this Friday but I'm a lot less worried.

4. Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      How you feeling now?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Venator117

Venator117 Member