Ringing in Ears for 2 Weeks from Loud Bang

Discussion in 'Support' started by Warreng, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Warreng

Warreng Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud bang
      Hello, I’m looking for some help or advice on my ears ringing. 2 weeks ago I was close to a very loud bang noise and immediately afterwards it was hard to hear. My hearing seemed to have come back fully within a couple days but I still have a steady ringing (high pitched ring) in my ears and I am quite worried and beginning to become stressed about it.

Since this happened I have spoke to my doctor and several pharmacists and they can only tell me that this will take time.

I’m asking if anyone out there can give me their opinion. Before this loud noise I never had hearing issues and I’m in my mid 30s. And my ear drums we’re checked and are fine.

I would appreciate any help I can get. Do I continue waiting or is there anything I can do? How long could this take or will it go away?

2. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Hi there, give yourself some time, usually it will take 6 months to a year for this to start to fade.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Jason C

Jason C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Burgler Alarm
      What caused the loud noise??

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Warreng

Warreng Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud bang
      Thank you for the response. Is that from experience? I know it’s hard to say because everyone is different but I’m just wondering to get a good feel on this? Ive been giving it a few days at a time and I’m having a hard time finding or noticing improvements.

5. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      Healing from T can be slower than Warren G releasing new albums. If changes aren't happening in days, then expect it in weeks, if not in weeks, then months. Mine takes a year for a small improvement. But don't fret. You got lots of time ahead of ya to see possible major improvements, usually within the first year. Just hang in there and avoid loud places for now.

• Funny Funny x 2
    6. Emperor-Drax

Emperor-Drax Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud bang on metal with a mallet
      Something similar happened to me in June and it cleared up in two and a half months. My ear was aching a lot during that period too, so my ENT last week removed all my earwax (huge deep chunks of it, it was almost like nature made me a set of earplugs!), which relieved the pain significantly.

In other words, yours will probably clear up too.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Warreng

Warreng Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud bang
      Hello all/anyone. So my ringing has seemed to be at the same volume and frequency for the past month orso. 1.5 months ago I was subject to a very loud bang and since the ringing went down a bit but is steady going it seams now. Is there anyone out there that had this type of thing happen and the ringing take more than 1.5 or 2 months to go away. During the day it fades a bit as I’m busy but when I get home or try to sleep it’s mentally draining. Any recommendations or things that I can do to make it go away, ill do anything!!!

8. Michael Barton

Michael Barton Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      3 hours at a house concert
      Tonight I'm going to try to put on white noise in headphones and then go to sleep. I think your body will get used to the sound even without white noise, at least, I've been told that people who live next to train tracks experience something similar. At first they can't imagine sleeping with a train coming by all the time, but eventually your body gets used to it, so let's hope it works the same. Other than that, just do what I did last night, lie with the side that rings the most on a pillow and pull the blankets over your other ear. Then just keep moving your jaw as it'll make the pillow and blankets crackle, and before you know it, you'll be asleep. Can't say much about staying asleep though... Haven't figured that one out yet... Good luck, stay strong! We are all suffering but hanging on. Greetz, Mike

9. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      I would be very careful wearing headphones that play white noise while you go to sleep. Please keep the volume VERY low if you do.