Ringing in My Left Ear for the Last 2 Days. Constantly On and Off Within the Last 2 Weeks.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Pljadely@aol, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Pljadely@aol

Pljadely@aol Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12-26-2015
      I've had it on and off for the last 2 weeks and now for the last 2 days its been consistent. Can they prescribe me anything for the noise? I went to the ent dr today and I do not have a appt till Feb but I feel like I'm going crazy!!! Any suggestions? Not to mention its so depressing thinking how could this happen to me!!!!!! They prescribed me volume but won't help the high pitch sound!!!!

2. daniel1111
      Shitfaced

daniel1111 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, repeated exposure with loud headphones.
      Hello,

I understand how you would be going crazy at this time, this is a completely normal response to the onset of tinnitus.

Firstly, if your tinnitus is new you have every chance to habituate to it and it could possibly even disappear. It takes some time but you will be able to cope with this much better after these difficult times.

I know it's difficult not to at the moment, but worrying and thinking about tinnitus actually makes it more noticeable. My advice is that you try not to analyse your tinnitus sound. Don't think about whether it's louder or quieter, higher or lower pitched, or anything like that.

To help that, you need to try to keep your mind well distracted. The more time you spend in situations where you are able to think less about it, the easier it will become to manage. I found normal activities like watching TV gave my mind the freedom to worry about tinnitus endlessly, but going out and walking around town took my mind off of it somewhat. Also try to do something fulfilling or something that you tend to enjoy very much to keep depression and tinnitus at bay.

Try to stay positive, good luck!