Ringing in Non-Tinnitus Ear Due to Ceramic Bowl Dropping — Should I Be Worried?

Tilts

Author
Nov 7, 2018
Tinnitus Since
8/2018
Cause of Tinnitus
NIHL, TMJ Contributing
Hi everyone,

A few hours ago, I was trying to fix my shower drain and about to collect screws in a ceramic cereal bowl when I accidentally dropped the bowl and it fell a few inches into the bottom of my bathtub. The bathtub itself has one of those sliding-glass doors attached. When it fell, it made a pretty loud noise and my non-tinnitus left ear felt like the pressure had increased inside of it and it began to ring slightly. Most of the ringing decreased after a minute or two, but there's a slight ring that's still there. I'm really worried that it will be permanent like my tinnitus ear, which wasn't affected, possibly due to the fact that I was standing partially out of the sliding glass door.

Should I be worried and see someone soon or am I overreacting?

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,

A few hours ago, I was trying to fix my shower drain and about to collect screws in a ceramic cereal bowl when I accidentally dropped the bowl and it fell a few inches into the bottom of my bathtub. The bathtub itself has one of those sliding-glass doors attached. When it fell, it made a pretty loud noise and my non-tinnitus left ear felt like the pressure had increased inside of it and it began to ring slightly. Most of the ringing decreased after a minute or two, but there's a slight ring that's still there. I'm really worried that it will be permanent like my tinnitus ear, which wasn't affected, possibly due to the fact that I was standing partially out of the sliding glass door.

Should I be worried and see someone soon or am I overreacting?

Thanks in advance.

Have you checked for ETD/pressure issues? It is possible that there was always a slight right there and then became more audible.

Have you checked for ETD/pressure issues? It is possible that there was always a slight right there and then became more audible.
I checked and it doesn't feel like a pressure that could be caused by ETD or something. Yawning and the Valsalva maneuver doesn't do anything.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now