Ringing In Your Ears? Finally, Researchers Finding New Clues About Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Research News' started by kmohoruk, May 9, 2015.

1. kmohoruk
      Nerdy

kmohoruk Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2005
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise, Ear Infection, TMJ
    2. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      disheartening article .. .they want us to play a music game for the remainder of our lives to suppress T??

They have to find out why this brain started functioning like this and turn this mechanism around ... it started good - now it`s bad - than bring it back to good ...

• Agree Agree x 3
    3. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      Not only that. It's another one of those treatments where you have to find your tinnitus tone... So I guess people with multitones/narrowband whistles can't play.

4. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Terrible article, nothing unique or new

• Agree Agree x 3
    5. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      This is sad. Now they have discovered theres more to t than originally thought. The US government has been asleep at the wheel for years. Without a doubt Id bet you that the Gov spends more on enrollment commercials for television than finding relief or a cure for tinnitus.

22 GI' commit suicide every week most of these GI' have chronic Tinnitus. Could they find relief or a cure with a larger budget I dont feel we will ever know. As trillions are spent on war what would it take to find some decent relief or a cure? Those of you who's T is not so bad you'll feel different when you have a relapse or two. Millions can no longer work, wouldn't it be better for society if we had relief and we could work.
      I have chronic Tinnitus, every day is a battle. I filed for disability they told me to go back to school.
      I already have a college degree, Ive all ready worked in the field for decades. Im exhausted, addicted and at times really ill. Thanks Uncle Sam the millions of citizens who are greatly afflicted and I thank you. Please the UK, Korea someone step up and allow the millions with this illness some dignity!

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1