Roger and His Big Tinnitus!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Roger79, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Roger79

Roger79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Januari 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi,

My name is Roger, 39 years old and I am from the Netherlands.

After a nasty 2018 with lots of panic attacks and anxiety. Probably a burn-out.

The year 2019 starts great and because CBT I am in my mood again and everything looks sunny.
      But then on the 21th of January I have a buzz like an old television in my head on the left.
      This was my gift.

It started as a buzz but now it is still a buzz with a high pitch buzz. It is always there. When watching television, talking with somebody, always.
      And it reacts at sounds. It tries to get over the other noises. Masking my tinnitus is very difficult.
      Riding the car, using the fan, sitting in a place with lots of people will make my tinnitus like a hell and very severe. When I go in a quiet room then... WOWWW.

I have already gone to the ENT doctor and he told me "don't try to listen to it, I can't do anything about it"
      Those were 3 very harsh minutes.

I've been to a specialized tinnitus team in Groningen. They told me that I have very little damage in the high pitch range. They say that it is strange and want to give me an MRI. Maybe there is a tumor in the ear called brughoektumor (vestibular schwannoma).

Now I've been on Mirtazapine 7.5 mg for a week and a half for anxiety but my tinnitus is spiky right now and I react more at noise. Tomorrow my doctor will call me how I feel and if we can higher the dose to 15 mg.

I was on Paroxetine 20mg in the beginning and I was happy, very happy. The tinnitus was there but in the background and I was doing everything as usual. But then I was reading about that it could damage my ears and could make my tinnitus get louder. I stopped it. Stupid.
      I thought that I could do it without the AD.
      But I can't.

As you can read, I struggle with it every second of the day.

I hope that I can find relief soon and that I can do everything that I did.

And that I can learn something from other sufferers.

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      You're dancing with the Devil with that one. Those things are very very loud.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Roger79

Roger79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Januari 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I know, but I will use earplugs.

4. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Are you sure that will be enough?

Search for MRI and read some of the stories people have reported.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Roger79

Roger79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Januari 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well it is a specialized tinnitus team.
      I ask for good earplugs and a headphone.
      But thanks for your compassion.

6. Digital Doc

Digital Doc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      Be careful with the MRI. If you want to proceed with it, look for a quiet MRI, or if not available an open MRI which tend to be quieter as you are not stuffed into a tube with the sound reverberating. Also bring your earplugs of choice, make sure they are fully inserted. Also, make sure they give you ear muffs as well and have them in place. Most MRI's exceed 100 db's (except the uncommon quieter ones), and there are plenty of horror stories of noise damage from them.

https://radiology.duke.edu/wp-conte...aring-Protection-During-MRI-Exams-2.12.15.pdf

https://www.healthimaging.com/topic...ommend-better-hearing-protection-mri-patients

• Helpful Helpful x 1