Scared I Might Have Pulsatile Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nathan91, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Nathan91
      No Mood

Nathan91 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Hey so tonight I noticed that my regular T is down some but now that is I am starting to notice my heartbeat like constantly I dont really know if thats considered PT or if im just anxious and since the volume is lower im picking up more on my heartbeating faster from anxiety again I dont really hear my heart beat in my ear or anything like described by some people with PT I just simply can feel/ notice my heart beating more please let me know if its PT or if im just stressing thanks.

2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Nathan,

It's more likely that what you're experiencing is stress, and perhaps a little anxiety, too. You may be spending too much time listening for the tinnitus sound, and are hyper-aware of the sounds in your body.

Pulsatile tinnitus (which is what I have) is usually constant, and is perfectly in sync with your heartbeat and pulse.

Are you anxious right now? Try putting the tinnitus out of your mind, even for a few minutes each day, and try to live without thinking about it. You can gradually train yourself to become less aware of your tinnitus, and in doing so, you'll be on the way to habituation.

At this point, I'd try not to worry too much about it. Get enough rest, mask your T as best you can, and look for activities to take your mind off the tinnitus for short periods of time.

Take care, and keep us posted on how you're doing!

Best wishes,
      Karen

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nathan91
      No Mood

Nathan91 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      thanks a lot I really appreciate it yea whats going on is that my T has actually gone down in volume so im woundering if because the T volume is lower im just more focused on my heartbeat due to the anxiety is PT where you can physically hear it in your ear or is it just noticing your heartbeating thanks again

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    4. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      @Nathan91,

With true pulsatile tinnitus, you can truly hear it in your ear. In my case, I can feel it, too, as a kind of vibration.

How are you doing now? Is your tinnitus still lower than it was before?