Scariest Sound (Pressure Noise I Can Hear When in a Very Quiet Room) I've Ever Heard

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jason Davids, May 7, 2017.

1. Jason Davids

Jason Davids Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      I'm 15 I've had tinnitus for around 3 months now and I have a screeching/buzzing noise in both ears, at this point it's just like whatever I'm not freaking out anymore and have gotten somewhat used to it for now.

But what seems to worry me some is this pressure noise I can hear when I'm in a very very quiet room, I cannot describe it I'm sorry but the best way I can put it is it sounds like a whoosh or a air conditioner of some sort!

It can get very loud to the point of me freaking out! I would feel a lot better if someone could understand what noise I am hearing thanks.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Does it sound like rhythmic pulsing? Or is it a constant hiss - like the noise made by air escaping from a punctured tire?

3. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Since your tinnitus was caused by loud music, you are probably experiencing the effects of noise trauma to your auditory system. I feel it will eventually go but it will take time. Try to avoid quiet rooms especially at night, as your brain will tend to focus on the tinnitus and it will appear to be louder and more intrusive.

Use a sound machine or portable music player by your bedside and keep the volume low. I suspect that the loud music you were have been listening to was through headphones? If this is the case I strongly advise you not to listen to music through headphones again, even at low volume. However, it is up to you. Click on the link below and read the article as I believe it will help you.

All the best
      Michael

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-a-personal-view.18668/