Scary Spikes in the Middle of the Night — Can You Dream Your Tinnitus Is Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Forever hopeful, Feb 24, 2021.

1. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

BuzzyBee Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      @HeavyMantra, that's a good question. I was able to obtain a medical card to buy it legally and tried CBD more than once and in different forms -- oil, vapes, tablets. It triggered static type tinnitus every time. The new and unusual tinnitus was triggered after I tried a particular strain similar to Charlotte's Web. It created a "chill" kind of feeling, but I couldn't relax because accompanied by the "relaxed" feeling was an increase in tinnitus. The next day the tinnitus transformed into a new type that I've had intermittently to this day.

But everyone is different. I don't perceive any tinnitus difference with caffeine (if anything, it's better). Wine calms it for sure, but Gin revs it up.

Not that you asked, but sucralose also revs it up. I had no idea I was even eating sucralose, but it's kind of buried in the ingredient list of some products, and I noticed that when I stopped eating things with sucralose, the tinnitus eased up.

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. Clerkp

Clerkp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      No issues with CBD here. Doesn’t make my tinnitus any better or any worse. Helps me sleep. I used Barker Wellness Sleep Tincture. CBD and CBN plus Melatonin and Valerian root. It’s nectar of the gods. Zero THC.

3. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Did it take a while for the CBD to work?

4. Clerkp

Clerkp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      It helps me relax but it’s not a miracle drug. Just enough to take the edge off at night most nights and certainly better than benzos.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. the_answer

the_answer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      COVID-19
      @Forever hopeful, have your spikes at night while sleeping happened less frequently since last year?

I have got tinnitus since February and there are periods of several weeks where I wake up in the middle of the night because of the noise. During those periods it happens every 2-3 nights. I have not noticed any trigger, it truly seems to happen randomly.