Scientists Have Developed New Version Of Aspirin That Crosses Blood Brain Barrier

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Beste, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      I just came across this new study. Scientist now developed new version of aspirin that crosses blood brain barrier. I remember we have discussed many times how drugs do not cross blood barrier and that is why we do not have any benefits from them in terms of tinnitus. With this new drug they believe they can even treat brain cancer. So I wonder if you think this will work for tinnitus?

Scientists claim that they have developed new version of aspirin that crosses blood brain barrier. They say they may able to cure brain cancer with it. I remember I have seen many thread saying since drugs do not cross blood brain barrier they are not efficient for tinnitus. Can we say we are now able to treat tinnitus?

http://www.sciencealert.com/scienti...ed-a-drug-that-passes-the-blood-brain-barrier

@Cityjohn @Marlino @Reinier @yonkapin @Silvio Sabo @Nick Pyzik

Thank you :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. Reinier
      Not amused

Reinier Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Explosion starting engine
      If indeed this is not a fluke perhaps the same principle is able to be used to get other drugs into the inner ear without using a syringe. But at what stage is this research?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Unfortunately I do not know how far they have come in this study. I just found it the other day. I think I will look into it in couple days.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Philip

Philip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus infection or noise exposure or both
      Pie in the sky wishful thinking.......