Screeching = No Sleep

Discussion in 'Support' started by zombiechick, Jun 24, 2017.

1. zombiechick
      Probing

zombiechick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication and hearing loss
      My tinnitus is awful tonight. It won't let either.

Usually if I play some of my favorite masking album it will break up the tones but not tonight. It just gradually got louder before I laid down. It was tolerable all day and now it's blasting away. I want to take something but my son still sleeps in the bed and its not safe.

I'm exhausted. Trying to remain calm. Tell myself it's just a bad night but this really makes me depressed.

My husband and son are asleep and I feel absolutely tortured. I tried showering and drinking magnesium to calm it and no dice. I hope I fall asleep soon otherwise it's going to be one crappy day.

Imagine showering at one in the morning.

Really need encouraging words right now. Thank you.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Bad nights come and go, been there, it is very likely go down again...I had one particular night where it was so loud I just could not imagine it going back down but it did gradually...your little one is gorgeous and I can tell you're an awesome mum x

3. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

BuzzyBee Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      How are you doing this morning? I hope you got some sleep!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      zombiechick
      Probing

zombiechick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication and hearing loss
      @Candy thank you, I'm trying. Everyday is just a different kind of torture. I keep telling myself its just ringing, it sucks but I can see my way through it to the calmer days. @BuzzyBee it's okay today, not horrible but the not as low as I like it. I did eventually fall asleep around almost 3am but woke up at 5am and fell back asleep again. My son woke up at 10:30 ish and that signaled the end of sleep. I think my ears are still angry at me for driving with the windows down on our vacation for way too long.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1