Secondary Endolymphatic Hydrops and Ear Pain

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheWalkingDead, Feb 21, 2017.

1. TheWalkingDead

TheWalkingDead Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      secondary endolymphatic hydrops
      Hi

Has anyone else with this diagnosis experienced lots of ear aches? The information sheet I was given mentioned aural fullness but I thought that mean more a sensation of being blocked. This is more like just a good old fashioned earache on an almost daily basis. Codeine based pain relief helps quite a bit but I don't want to be taking that long term. My other symptoms are severe tinnitus, high frequency hearing loss in one ear and some distortion of speech. Thoughts? The ENT tended to pass me back to my GP once he made the diagnosis and she doesn't really know what cause the ear aches.

Incidentally, I have had this for 20 years but it only became severe two years ago after an middle ear infection following an irrigation to rid my ear of wax.

Thanks

2. Courtney Powers

Courtney Powers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes, I have a lot of ear pain, much like ear aches. Sometimes I feel as if someone stuck a thin hot metal rod in one ear and out the other. I often get other heat sensations where I can even feel my ear wax melting. But mostly ear aches as if I had an ear infection. I haven't found many other people or sites that talk about this. There is more information on ear fullness, and although I get that too, when I have this pain it has nothing to do with fullness.

3. 1000

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Better now?