Secondary Hydrops Due to Inflammation

Discussion in 'Support' started by Thissucks..jenn, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Thissucks..jenn

Thissucks..jenn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 1-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bunch of b.s from cosmetic injections
      My otologist diagnosed me with secondary hydrops to inflammation after numerous tests...

3 MRI with contrast, MRA, brainstem audiology test, EEG, CT scans, cultures of ears and nose...numerous hearing tests like 8 even the highest frequencies they can do and numerous OAE tests even highest frequencies OAE tests... last test eCog positive for hydrops.

However still no hearing loss, none, perfect hearing now 5 steroid injections in each ear of dexamethasone. My 6th shots will be next week along with an oral taper of dexamethasone to be aggressive before my 6th month mark.

She says she believes my tinnitus will go as no permanent damage has been detected and started treatment right away. Tinnitus came down with the shots and did stick for my right ear now my left different story only helps for a lil over a week and then I'll get the low drone hummm back, it's invasive.

Feeling less optimistic and depressed despite my otologist's optimism but on I go but tired of fighting it mentally and physically. Just having a hard time dealing with it and majorly depressed I'm on amitriptyline and valium to help cope but I'm not coping well I hate this!!!!

Any positive words? Anything to keep spirits up, the tinnitus took my spirits, took a lot from me, but at least I have a great doctor by my side trying her best.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      For the low drone hum try the utube easyjet masking sound..I think you will like it..
      Love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      • Like Like x 1
    4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      • Like Like x 2
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Thissucks..jenn

Thissucks..jenn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 1-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bunch of b.s from cosmetic injections
      Thank you I'm having a very difficult time dealing with this. My response to it is not good. I feel like I'm not really strong enough to deal with it