Seeking Advice — What Things Should Be I Avoiding Considering My Specific Type of Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lighthouse, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Lighthouse

Lighthouse Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      Hi. I developed my Tinnitus one day after I awoke with severe pain in my ear. The whole week before I had been fighting a rough cold and was super congested. Well, after one night of stupidly thinking I'm ok, we went swimming and had some drinks. The next day I awoke with terrible pain in my ear. Went to a clinic, got antibiotics and went home. A week went by and I noticed the ringing. I was told it may go away once the ear infection stops. It never did.

Now. My Tinnitus was caused by a bad ear infection. I'm curious though on things I should avoid that is specific to my reason for Tinnitus. I know for those who developed their Tinnitus due to acoustic trauma need to avoid more acoustic trauma. What should I be avoiding for mine?

Any comments and advice welcome.

2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Hi :)

your priority should be, to make sure that your ear infection gets better and it goes away. Ear infections can take a while to fully get better. Try to protect your ears as much as possible. Try not getting water stuck in it and also try to protect your ears, from loud places and loud noises.

Drinking should be limited, it doesn't help all that much..with your tinnitus. Stress/anxiety should also be limited or reduced as much as possible........

Take care :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1