Sensation Like Water Wants to Drain from My Ears

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jerry777, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Jerry777

Jerry777 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Diagnosed 12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure but I did have a neck injury
      Wonder now if anyone else has experienced this. Looking back now for months prior to be diagnosed with both tinnitus and hyperscusis or noticing any tinnitus or hyperacusis symptoms I noticed at night the sensation with my head sideways on my pillow at night that my ears wanted to drain. It was like when I was a kid and went swimming than having the water drain from the ear on my pillow. But than an actual drop of water would eventually come, and the sensation would be gone.

This was exactly the same sensation but just when it felt like the water was about to drain out but none ever came, and the ear canel was never wet what so ever.

Once I was vertical their was no issue, until the next night. It finally stopped after a very long time.

I just wondered if perhaps this might have been a precursor that ear damage was in the works. Thanks

2. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      Yes. I had this around the time I first got T and maybe 1 or 2 times following a spike.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jerry777

Jerry777 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Diagnosed 12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure but I did have a neck injury
      Thanks Red. I was wondering if perhaps their might be a tie in or this sensation was a precursor for the tinnitus and hyperacusis that followed. Thanks Jerry