SF0034 — E-Mails to the White House?

Discussion in 'Awareness & Fundraising' started by Penate, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    1. Aussie Lea
      Dramaqueen

Aussie Lea Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Most people I've asked hear tinnitus only in a quiet room. That's why it's not taken seriously.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Hunszi
      Alone

Hunszi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 (got worse in 20,21)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Exactly...

I know a lot of people who are tinnitus "sufferers", but everyone of them lives a normal life, because they hear their tinnitus mostly in a quite rooms or just at night...

I've had tinnitus since 2007 and I never had a problem with it for 7 years. Now had a huge volume increase, so I'm pretty doomed, but I have to say stop waiting for a cure.

Most likely a cure won't come in the next 10-20 years. It's a sad thing to say that, but 60% or more people in the word have never heard about permanent tinnitus, so this is a very slowly moving research area.

You might say now that a lot of people have tinnitus so it's a very huge market...

I'm sorry to say, it's not. For 7 years I didn't search for a cure (just one meeting with my ENT), even though I had tinnitus. I was just okay with it.

So don't expect people to buy very expensive medicines if they are 100% okay with their heads. This market is a very, very little market.

I'm really struggling these days, but slowly start to understand that if I'm always trying to cure myself I will never habituate again.

I was fine for almost 7 years and maaaan... that was a 99% cure for me. I always said to everyone that I'm fully healthy and my body rocks, never mentioned to anyone that I have tinnitus.

So If someone would have said to me, let's say around 4 years earlier, that I can cure your tinnitus for sure, just pay me 2000 in cash for the medicine. I would have started to laugh and said NO immediately... and that's the problem with that market.

Yes I'm very pessimistic I know... No matter what I wrote down I really hope that someone finds the cure, or actually I don't need full cure, just something to turn down the volume a bit.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1