Shaking as So Scared

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mand b, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      I have had problems on and off for a long time now and went two years with no tinnitus.

Anyway it flared up a year ago after a pregnancy which is the same pattern as before. Anyway I seem to be struggling to hear what people say on and off but again this happened years ago before it settled when the tinnitus went away. Its almost as if I struggle to hear because of the tinnitus because when its gone I hear fine.

Anyway audiology said i dont need an hearing aid as my levels are still within normal range sometimes slightly lower but always returns to normal. I am already deaf in one ear since birth. Anyway why I am so scared is because today tinnitus is obviously loud but I keep getting muffled hearing like as if under water and ill pop my ear and it returns to normal.

It keeps happening the past hour or so if I move my head in certain positions or even talk its like moving my jaw brings it on and everything sounds muffled including my own voice before returning to normal when i pop my ear by blowing out and holding my nose.

I have just taken a shower but got no water in my ear. I should also mention i find when i bend over my hearing also muffles as if under water and then returns to normal when I stand up again.

What could this be? Does anyone else get this?

My tinnitus appears louder when this happens I guess not hearing clearly probably makes it appear louder. Its strange because I still hear a lot of stuff obviously when tinnitus is loud Its harder.

I just need to stop myself having a panic attack right now because of this.

Thanks in advance x

2. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      I definetely get moments where my t ear pops and hearing seems improved. Happens randomly.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      I have had something similar before also where i was eating and every chew my ear was popping almost as if something was hitting off my eardrum. I did wonder if this was more of an ETD. I guess its just scary because its not something i am used to and how it makes me hear in that moment. I feel scared to even move or talk right now incase I keep getting it x

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      It seems to have stopped now not sure what caused the constant popping and muffled hearing maybe it was my ET or maybe being in the shower I don't know.x

5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi manb b,
      Sorry to hear you have had a bad time and so scared too.
      I hope you feel settled now your ear has settled too.
      It must be hard especially having hearing inpairment in one ear and the other ear having problems too.
      Hope you have a lovely weekend...lots of love glynis x

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      Hi Glynis how are you? I am not great to be honest. Currently in bed. Been to a&e this morning after having another spike this morning and its still loud now. They just looked in my ears and said ear wax and to see someone about getting it removed. I am finding it hard to hear on and off and even worse with this loud tinnitus. Struggled to sleep last night had to go sleep on the sofa was so restless and still am but really tired. I think I may take a diazepam tonight if still feeling the same. I hate feeling like this x

7. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Did you get the wax removed from someone?

8. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Mand b,
      Sorry to hear your having trouble I know you have imparts hearing and is hard.
      I know what you mean about sleep as suffering also and now have a generator him sound as well as a high pitch one in both ears...the little bugers xxxx
      I hope you can get the was removed soon and hope settle your ears down.
      Treat yourself to a nice CD download or download some free relaxing apps to help pass the time as know it's hard focus on tv programs.
      Hope your little girl is doing well.
      My grandson starts school next Wednesday and carnt wait see him in his uniform and I will be picking him up from school 2-3 nights a week.....lots of love glynis

9. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      @glynis just curious if you still watch tv shows?

10. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Sam yes I do but find films hard to stay focused on...lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      Hi Jason no I have not had it removed yet I have to wait 2 weeks to see ENT to remove it. I do not have it syringed but mirco suctioned. Started ear drops today to help soften and remove it in the mean time

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      Aww Glynis thats lovely and great for you to spend quality time with your grandchild. Its good you still can do that ie collecting from school. My daughter started school on Tues and goes properly full time the end of the month and she also has to wear a uniform now. The school run keeps me active as with out it I would stay indoors and convince myself things are that bad I can't go out. I haven't done it today though my partner took her so I could rest. Can I ask Glynis do you ever or have you done any travelling by air plane since all these ear problems? I ask as I would love to take my daughter next year or the year after abroad but I never book as I talk myself out of it thinking I can't go with how I feel. I worry I will trigger more symptoms or worsen them. Thank you Glynis I think I do need to treat myself a little I don't know what that feels like lately. I do love tv and films though :) I know what you mean its hard with the spikes to do anything. I have not had one like I did last night and this morning in years it was at the scale of when I had it when I first got pregnant. I think Its scared me because it was 2 spikes in less than 24hours that lasted a couple of hours so I think I hope this isn't the pattern for it now. I hope I don't have one tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Hows work are you back there now after the hols and still doing the same hours?x

13. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Mand b,
      I have never been on a airplane as have a big phobia.
      Not at work at the moment as not to good so needed time off..lots of love glynis