Sharp Ear Pain?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sarah200, May 1, 2018.

1. Sarah200
      Suicidal

Sarah200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      Hi all

Since Sunday I've been experiencing sharp ear pain in my right ear so I went to the DRs today and she said my ear looks fine, no wax, no fluid, no infection and she's unsure what's causing it, any ideas, it's just inside my right ear?

2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I have had sharp ear pains before and if it was not an infection, then possibly stress could be an issue. You already went to the Dr, so that was a good thing. Just wait it out and see how it goes. Sometimes we need to get a 2nd opinion from a different Dr.

Be blessed :)

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sarah200
      Suicidal

Sarah200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold

If also been having pain in my kidney area for the past month and asked her about this too and she's worried about my kidneys and pancreas so I'm having a blood test tomorrow to check my kidneys as when she pressed there I really screamed so much my sister who came with me started crying with how bad I screamed, I also did a urine test to check for infection in the kidneys but that was clear so I am stressed about my blood test tomtomor so maybe that's why I have pain in my right ear.

4. Mellow7

Mellow7 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have shooting pain in my ear every now and then. My physician also never sees anything wrong. Do your ears feel clogged from time to time or do you perhaps also suffer from TMD (clicking or sensitive jaw joint/muscles)? I sometimes can alleviate sharp pains by popping my ears (or inhaling steam/using nasal decongestant) or avoiding chewy food respectively (and perhaps also jaw clenching).

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sarah200
      Suicidal

Sarah200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      I also have been having pain in my kidney area for the past month and asked her about this too and she's worried about my kidneys and pancreas so I'm having a blood test tomorrow to check my kidneys as when she pressed there I really screamed so much my sister who came with me started crying with how bad I screamed.

I also did a urine test to check for infection in the kidneys but that was clear so I am stressed about my blood test tomorrow so maybe that's why I have pain in my right ear

I also don't have any pain in my jaw or clicking, I sometimes hear a clicking when I swallow, I sometimes feel pressure in my ear not often though. I'm always congested though and it is something that my GP and ENT can't help with, I've tried all de-congestion medication and all nasal sprays from my GP and over the counter and none work. And it's something I have to put up with.

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Did you have this before using the Alpine Classics last week? If not, it could be irritation from where the earplugs rubbed against your ear canal. Did the Dr comment if there was any redness in the ear canal or around the eardrum itself?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sarah200
      Suicidal

Sarah200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      No redness and yes after using the earplugs I used them last Thursday

8. Mellow7

Mellow7 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      This, to me, is a clear indication of some inflammation of the Eustachian tubes. I've been dealing with this for years (long before the onset of T). Coincidentally, not a singly nasal spray has worked for me either. Inhaling steam with thymol, menthol and eucalyptus, however, do work for a little while. I can actually swallow or yawn for a while then, without hearing crackling paper deep within my ear.

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sarah200
      Suicidal

Sarah200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      Mellow7 I've been congested since I was a baby. My mom often took me to the Drs because I could not breathe right.

10. 1000

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      How you feel now?

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sarah200
      Suicidal

Sarah200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      Pain in my ear gone but still very congested.

12. 1000

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      At least the pain is gone, happy for you on that one, hope the congestion decreases.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sarah200
      Suicidal

Sarah200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      I'm doing steam inhalation twice a day, hoping this might help as tried all meds including ones from the doctor but no meds have worked, tried a nasal drip but nope so steam is my last hope, so far it has decreased my tinnitus for a short while after I have steamed but goes back to normal after a few hours after.