Should I Be Concerned About These Audiograms?

Discussion in 'Support' started by TomBradyGOAT, Dec 3, 2018.

1. TomBradyGOAT

TomBradyGOAT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who knows
      I have had tinnitus for about 2 years now. I had 1 audiogram about six months into it where mostly my hearing is perfect. Only like a 5 dB conductive loss at 250 Hz but nothing bad.

But then I did one recently and while they say it is still normal hearing, the conductive loss has gotten higher and is now showing in the 500 Hz, 1000 Hz range.

Also everything overall looks like it is trending in a bad fashion even if it is considered normal. The ENT I saw that day did not see my previous audiograms and I had to ask for my recent one sent to me because they didn't give it to me during the visit. That is when I noticed just a drop in hearing.

1 AudioGram is my initial one in April of last year.

2 AudioGram is my recent one. Since getting tinnitus I have been even more vigilant about my hearing. I DO NOT and have never since maybe 8th grade been one to listen to music through headphones. I hate music concerts. I wear ear muffs when working with a lawnmower. Try to keep the tv/radio down.

Only thing is my son does scream sometimes. If he screams close enough to my left ear it makes a horrible sound. I can't even describe. Maybe the broken speaker sound but again I don't listen to music enough to know what a broken speaker sounds like. I do get nausea sometimes. And a migraine feeling.

At this point the popping/clicking noise I believe is just my tensor veli palatini and I believe I have control over it for the most part.

Attached Files:

2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      It looks like the losses are sensorineural actually: the whole set of points dropped by 10-15 dBs.

It's actually suspicious to see everything drop down like that. If I were you, I'd do another hearing test at a completely different facility with a different provider, etc... to have as independent a result as possible.

Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TomBradyGOAT

TomBradyGOAT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who knows
      Sorry I did mean to say sensorineural with some conductive. I agree it is way to suspicious. I have called up another facility and hope to be in within a day or two to get another test conducted.

• Like Like x 1