Significant Tinnitus and Other Symptoms Since 2015: Please Help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by FHBB, Sep 15, 2020.

1. FHBB
      Depressed

FHBB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm not entirely sure as of yet
      Hello, friends. Since 2015, I've been suffering with tinnitus, mostly in my left ear. It's been so long I can't even remember how I first noticed it, or what day exactly but all I do know is that it's ruined my life. It comes with some other issues as well, which I believe are all connected to each other. As a kid, I spent a lot of time listening to loud music and all that, but it doesn't explain all this other stuff I have going on...

I've always got this horrible pressure in my head and ears, and usually wake up with a bad headache. It feels like my eardrums are about to explode. It is very irritating. Typically, my hearing is very muffled, and whenever I do something like swallow or yawn, my ears will click. I've tried to do that trick where you plug your nose and then try to blow out, and it does work somewhat, but only for a few seconds before my hearing is muffled again. The ringing is also quite annoying, as I can always hear it, even over the sounds of fans and other things.

I'm not sure if this is Eustachian Tube Dysfunction, or what exactly it is, but I just want it to end. I wish I knew what it was so I could find a way to treat it and make it go away. I want to live a normal life again, without all this pain and anxiety that comes with this condition. I wanted to join the military, and escape my dumpy small town, make something of myself. I'm so paranoid of failing their hearing test, and now the only thing I have to look forward to is a lifetime of unskilled, low-paying work, and a miserable life with this Godawful condition.

Thank you.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      FHBB
      Depressed

FHBB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm not entirely sure as of yet
      Oh, and one more thing - I did go to a doctor regarding this, and he inspected my eardrums and claimed I had a perforation in my left eardrum. He sent me to an ENT surgeon, who claimed my ears were absolutely perfect.

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Since you had some relief when you blow the nasal passage, perhaps try the methods doing ET drainage as illustrated on youtube. Type "Eustachian tube drainage" and you will see many videos. Good luck. God bless.

4. Kendra

Kendra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSNHL/ Acoustic Trauma
      I would get a hearing test done to see where your hearing stands. It may be that you have Cochlear Hydrops which can be treated.