SMZ-TMP DS 800-160 Antibiotic Safe for Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by kiel, Aug 19, 2019.

1. kiel
      Depressed

kiel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Headphones
      I have a sinus infection, got prescribed SMZ-TMP DS 800-160. I asked for Amoxicillin, but that's what I got, lol. Is this safe for tinnitus? Could it cause any issues? Never heard of it before, or taken it before, so wanted to ask.

I was also prescribed Prednisone because of bronchitis. Is that safe as well?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kiel
      Depressed

kiel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Headphones
      Bump? Anyone? Guess I will just take the medicine and see. Should be alright, hopefully.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kiel
      Depressed

kiel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Headphones
      Either this thread got overlooked, or no one really knows the effects of this antibiotic for tinnitus. In case it's the latter (and since I had not heard of the medicine before myself), I did want to say I am doing fine on the SMZ-TMP and the Prednisone. I am having some issues with my ears, but I believe them to be related to the infection itself, rather than the pills, as these problems started before I had taken anything.

Anyways, I think both of these will be safe for anyone who has to take them. I'm only so wary of different medicines because one time I was prescribed ear drops that gave me the spike from hell. But yeah, just thought I would update and say all is good with these medications for anyone who chances upon this thread.

• Helpful Helpful x 1