So glad to find this group

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Leah, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Been suffering a long time, sometimes I can tolerate it better.
      Going through a rough time now and hope to learn from everyone,including coping methods.
      I have read many posts and can identify with almost all of them.
      Look forward to all your support, so many of us here.
      Leah

2. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      How'd you get tinnitus if you don't mind me asking?

Welcome to the forums - It is comforting to be surrounded by people who know what it is like.

Markku

3. Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      Hi Leah and welcome tell us a little more about your story and we can help review similar events feelings and discuss things to try or just compare notes. T is a tough road at times as I'm finding out and find a lot of comfort from others who understand. I'm sure we can all help and offer support to each other and realise we are not alone

4. James
      No Mood

James Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Pulsing 03/2013
      Hi Leah,
      What amasses me is some people have had this curse for years. I should be learning from you, from them. It just hit me this year in a louder way. I take pills to sleep, I need that. It’s awful.

I say again, the only people that understand this seems like people that have it too. My ENT doc mentioned it was all about stress management, great. I hope we all cope everyday. I don’t have the answers. Mine’s been worse lately too. Just wanted to say Hi, and add to your post. I sincerely hope you do well everyday.

5. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Welcome, Leah!

We'd like to hear your story. Did the change in your tinnitus occur just recently, and do you know of anything (such as stress, etc.) that could have caused it to get worse?

I hope you're doing better today. You've joined a great group of people, and we all want to help one another. Let us know what questions or problems you have, and I'm sure someone will be able to assist.

Best wishes,
      Karen

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Sorry to say not any better, actually went to ER last night because of head pain. Been taking a diuretic to see if that would help and come to find I had too much water in my urine.huh? ER gave me RX for Antivert, not dizzy but they thought it might help, anyone tried it? In fact my husband just came back
      from the store and asked why I did not answer the phone. Did not hear it, ringing in my ears masked it . Scary.
      Not sure where and when the actual first episode.. I do remember a loud noise years ago
      throwing a bottle in the trash that hit another one. Also a time I was working as a 911 operator and the radio volume was way, way high by accident, that was a bad experience. Then diagnosed through ENT with Meniere's disease, about 5 years ago. It has been getting louder up slowly but peaked during the night on Sat. Only thing different was I feel asleep with headphones on, not loud, talk radio. Did have a piece of pizza that night and chocolate, did that put me over?
      That you everyone for being here for support, would like to read some success stories and coping methods.