So Sick of My Un-Sympathetic Family...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Zeneth, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      Nobody in my family cares, except for my mom (a little) but they literally show no sympathy and aren't willing to do small and little things to help me such as turn down the TV...

Everytime I ask them to turn the volume down, or say "I don't want to go there because it's loud" they just be total assholes about it, and sometimes I just want to punch them!

Just now we rented a horror movie and they turned the volume up loud, and so the voices of the people are normal but the jumpscares are SOOO loud and it spikes my tinnitus and my hyperacusis kicks in... They won't turn it down so I just left and came to my bedroom, here I am now, typing this...

2. Champ
      Woot

Champ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma from headphones
      Take care of yourself if no one else will.

You're trying to work with them, but if they won't work with you your only option is to adjust what you're doing. Good on you for leaving the loud movie. Don't be melodramatic about it with them, just be honest. Tinnitus is an emotional and sensory burden for many people who have it, and those that don't have no idea what it entails.

Take care of yourself.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. ForestVibes

ForestVibes Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1 September 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Just need someone to talk to. Since I got tinnitus 1 year ago. From the first day my mother has treated me like shit, never ever recognizing my tinnitus. Just want to talk to someone about it.