So, What Sound Is Next?

Discussion in 'Support' started by glennr, Apr 4, 2018.

1. glennr
      Wishful

glennr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Greetings all!

So to start with I have no idea how my tinnitus started. No hearing loss and healthy. From my years with tinnitus which started as a barely noticeable ringing sound in my right ear I now have:

-High, low and mid ranged tones, buzzing and ringing in both ears
      -pulsatile “ufo” sounds
      -“cicadas” and “bird chirps” playing around
      -pulsatile “blips and blops” almost as a telegraph which is on and off
      -eco/hums coming and going when in certain smaller rooms

The past months now this vibrating humming “sound” has become much more present and it’s getting so “high” it’s difficult to mask it with my fan or sound apps when trying to sleep, which easily would mask it before. It’s really awful since this sound or hum vibrates my ear/ head and instead of hearing it I can feel it. Also when in rooms with other sounds it always tries to fight trough the other sounds and it will keep giving me the vibrating/rumbling sensation in my ear/head which comes and goes. Stranger is it that if i plug my ears the rumbling/humming disappears (sadly enough not the other sounds:p).

So is there anyone else which have had a similar experience with the vibrating hum “thingy”?

It just saddens me that I’m not halfway trough life yet and the condition is evolving so fast :(

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. CrystalB

CrystalB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Ive had Tinnitus for 6 months now!
      No hearing loss, no cause as to why I have it, I just woke up one morning too it and it hasn’t went away.
      I am now having many sounds, I have a very very high pitch ring, static, a low Hum, clicking, and just last night I got a new sound that I haven’t noticed before it sounded like a vacuum, tried not to panic, always afraid of newer sounds! at night my sounds seems like it does vibrate my head because of the loudness.
      I hear my tinnitus over everything, when I’m at work I can kinda mask it out or stay busy not to notice.
      I know how you feel :( I am only 30 and hate that I have this now, but I have started staying positive because life can always get worse, we don’t know how bad it can get until we end up with something that is worse. I feel very blessed for all the good I do have :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1