Some Hope? Can Tinnitus Go Away? Can You Recover from Hearing Loss? Any Treatments I Can Try?

Discussion in 'Support' started by hoppy, Jan 5, 2019.

1. hoppy

hoppy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Hi,

First, English isn’t my mother language.

I really need some hope and advice - this is the reason why I come here.

I’m 19 and went in a concert 36 days ago (it was my first time, I never went on disco or concert before ...).
      As a result I get hearing loss in the right ear (7% losses) and now tinnitus in my both ears. And I also have my right ear blocked (I don’t know how to say it, maybe stuffy?)
      I begin the prednisone four days after the trauma with Ginkgo biloba.
      I’m going to take some magnesium as soon as possible because I’ve read that it can help.

During the day I don’t really notice it but when it’s quiet I hear it and during the night I only hear it, especially these days I find it stronger and it has become difficult to sleep.

Do you think that with time it will go away?
      What can I do more than what I’m doing?
      Do you think that I should ask for prednisone once again?
      Do you know people with acoustic trauma that have they tinnitus went away?
      Is it possible to recover from hearing loss?
      I also read about HBO therapy. What do you think? Should I do it? I also read that it can make the tinnitus worse and I’m afraid to make my tinnitus worse.
      Should I avoid it as I have my ear stuffy?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It is called a full ear sensation or an aural fullness. It is a sign that you hurt your ears. It ought to eventually go away.
      This means that you haven't harmed your ears as badly as many people here (who can hear tinnitus throughout the day, over most noises). Many of those people end up experiencing their tinnitus fading. There is a good chance that your T will eventually fade. You might even get to hear silence again.
      As long as you don't do any further damage to your ears (more noise trauma, ototoxic medication, microsuction procedure), there is a reasonable chance that it will go away.
      You will find links to scientific studies about this on
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/spontaneous-recovery-stats-many-recover-3-studies.21441/
      I hope that you will find some of the advice in my post below to be useful to you:
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...eone-else-who-has-tinnitus.26850/#post-307822

• Like Like x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hoppy

hoppy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Thanks a lot for the answer and the advice and link you share.

What do you think of HBOT ?
      Should I do it ?

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Those soldiers all got HBOT treatment. Perhaps that had contributed to the recovery rate being so high.