Somehow, I Now Belong Here...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Come Monday, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Come Monday
      Balanced

Come Monday Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Lifestyle
      Saludos,

Over 50 here and it finally caught up to me. After a lifetime of living a loud lifestyle, I've been enduring an ever-present high-pitched whine for a few years now. Prolly wouldn't be here, but it's gotten worse in the last year. Now decided I need help to deal with this T and gonna start the emotional roller coaster of trying to manage it. All help & support appreciated and will share failures and successes as I find them. First step is always the hardest...

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Have you found the reason for your T getting worse? Stressful lately or having trouble with sleep?

There are many causes which can trigger or aggravate tinnitus including drug reaction or side-effects, ear or Eustachian tube infection, ear drum injury, fluid build-up feeling pressured, TMJ, high blood pressure or blood circulation problem, loud noise exposure or acoustic trauma, neck muscle problems, hearing loss, Meniere's, barotrauma from flight, grief for the loss of love ones, untreated sleep apnea, elevated stress, anxiety & panic disorder, etc.

Try to read as many success stories as you can. They can help lift your spirit and reduce your anxiety. They also contain insights and wisdom from those who have gotten better. I was in a mess a few years back afflicted with ultra high pitched dog whistle T and severe hyperacusis which turned all normal sounds unbearably loud and piercingly hurtful. I also had relentless anxiety and panic attacks. I never thought I could recover and have a good life again. But here I am living a normal and absolutely enjoyable life. I list some pointers which have helped me greatly. If you wish to read it, here is the link:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

You may want also to read the most read success story ‘Back to Silence’ with a simple effective strategy by IWLM:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/back-to-silence.7172/

• Winner Winner x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Come Monday
      Balanced

Come Monday Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Lifestyle
      A million thanks billie and have started soaking up everything I can. An intensely loud workday initiated the mild T years ago, but still baffled on why the volume suddenly went up. Can't pinpoint the triggering event...