Someone Please Help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Aidan, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Aidan

Aidan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      23 september 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exposed to loud noise
      Hello, my name is Aidan and I'm 15 years old. About 5 days ago I was fighting and shouting with my younger brother then a few minutes later my left ear was exposed to an eeering ringing sound. I did some research on what the noise was and i found out it was called “Tinnitus”. For 2 days I didn't care about it but now it's giving me anxiety and I'm getting stressful and getting more nervous every day. It's really hard for me to sleep at night, I barely get any sleep.

How do I fix this? Will I get deaf? And how long does it last??? Someone please help me, im getting really nervous and shaky

2. Julien87
      Not amused

Julien87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (concert)
      Hi Aidan,
      It can very well go away by itself. I think you should see an ENT asap (or a GP) and follow their advice, maybe they can give you something to help your recovery.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You won't get deaf.

The scary thing about tinnitus is that it Can become permanent. Having said this, there is still a good chance that eventually you will get to hear silence again. See
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...itus-recently-this-info-will-be-useful.25741/

You are young, so your body is more resilient than that of most people who get tinnitus.
      If your tinnitus doesn't end in a couple of days, it could take 3-6-12-24 months for it to end. Ears take forever to heal.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    4. Vincent R
      Caffeine

Vincent R Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Hi Aidan,

You won't get deaf. If you're lucky, T will dimish or go away. In worst case scenario, you'll have to live with it. Lot's of people do.

That's the score.

Don't go to very loud events such as concerts and don't use headphones with loud volume.

• Like Like x 1
    5. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I would approach your dr about getting a prednisolone taper as you may still have an opportunity to reverse this.

Also, I would take n acetyl cysteine and magnesium if you can get your hands on some.

see your audio about an extended hearing test .

your t, like other posters have said here, could still fade, but to give it every chance, i would do the above, try not to obsess on it, do what you can to get plenty of rest and relaxation and some time.

let us know how you get on.

6. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      Hi Aidan
      Tinnitus can be very scary. Sounds like you were exposed to some very loud yelling and/or screaming.
      Your Tinnitus is almost certainly a temporary situation that will resolve itself in the coming weeks or months. You can help it's healing along by avoiding loud places and stop using headphones (even at low volume). Your ears need a break from noise to heal.
      Please report back with updates on how your healing is coming along

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aidan

Aidan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      23 september 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exposed to loud noise
      How will i know tinnitus is gone?

8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You will know that you are free of T when you use earplugs or ear muffs in a quiet room and hear complete silence.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aidan

Aidan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      23 september 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exposed to loud noise
      I only use apple earphones and even with them on i still hear it just a little bit