Someone to Chat with About Tinnitus or Anything in General

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sonya F, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Sonya F

Sonya F Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown possibly hearing loss
      I'm new to this forum and am looking for people to talk to about tinnitus or anything in general.
      I've had tinnitus for many years however it never bothered me until about 2 months ago. I am doing my best to not let it get to me.

If anyone would like to have a friendly chat with a female in her late 40's, I'd love to hear from you.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      If it's not that loud you might be able to tune it out eventually, perhaps if you are experiencing a spike it may go down in a volume. Be optimistic treatments to treat hearing damage in the near future may help tinnitus and other auditory issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Better days are ahead, lots of treatments are coming out in the next 1-3 years... How bad is your tinnitus?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. Mathew Gould

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Damn bro we are thinking alike... OP maybe try masking your tinnitus with a fan or tv.

5. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Mine has bothered me since I got it. It is pretty loud most of the time and makes sleeping a real challenge. Either way, as Contrast has pointed out, there seems to finally be treatments on the horizon. You can check out those threads too, Neuromod Lenire is the only treatment that is rolling out now, but it doesn't look like it'll be the last. Susan Shore's tinnitus device will likely be next as she aims to have it commercialized next year.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    6. Mathew Gould

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      @ChrisBoyMonkey did you get tinnitus from the military? Am I correct that 3M just settled their lawsuit for 9 million dollars for faulty ear plugs??? 9 million is a joke of all jokes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I did but I don't think I had those earplugs issued. It is still a joke, it's always that way in this country.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I'm always down for a chat. My tinnitus has gone insane over the last week due to me being an idiot. So I'm up for chatting to people also struggling!!!!!

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sonya F

Sonya F Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown possibly hearing loss
      I hear it continuously. The only way I can not hear it is to be out and about. Sometimes I can hear it even when watching tv. Wearing headphones does not help. Something has to really grab my attention for me not to hear it. I can no longer sit in silence. Thankfully it doesn't stop me sleeping.

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Well, at least sounds not as bad as mine.. mine wakes me up periodically throughout the night. If I had more money I'd be on the waiting lost for Neuromod Lenire. I'm thinking of taking getting a loan and trying anyways.

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. Mathew Gould

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      That sucks man... You just got to think that this curse one day will be over.